Creamy and comforting, this brightly coloured soup will cheer up even the darkest autumn day. To jazz it up a bit, add ground cumin and coriander for warmth.
1. Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
2. Pop the pumpkin wedges and the thyme into a large roasting tray, coat with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour, or until it’s really soft and tender. Note, it could take even longer – every pumpkin is individual – just keep checking on it until it’s done.
3. When the pumpkin is cooked, set it aside to cool, then scrape the flesh away from the skin. If it comes away in whole slices, cut it into 2cm chunks. Then put it into a pan with the stock and blitz with an immersion blender until you have a creamy consistency.
4. Add the spices and heat through for about 5 minutes. Then taste and add seasoning.
5. Serve in bowls, with the lime wedges and little piles of chilli on the side.