This is a salad that uses up of the kinds of things you find in the fridge during the summer.
1. Divide the spinach between 4 large plates.
2. Lay the halloumi flat in a bowl. Mix the crushed garlic and olive oil together and pour it over the pieces of cheese leaving them for a few minutes to marinate.
3. Put a grill pan over a medium to high heat until it’s very hot. Put the asparagus into a bowl and toss it in a little olive oil until it’s well coated. Season with a pinch of salt, then chargrill the asparagus spears until they are nice and lined or charred. You may want to cut a few in half lengthways before putting them on a grill if they are really fat. Divide the asparagus between the bowls.
4. Now fry the slices of halloumi, pouring the marinade into the pan with them. Cook the cheese until it starts to go golden on the outside. Divide the cheese evenly between the salad bowls, laying it on top of the asparagus.
5. Finally, pan-fry the chorizo in a clean frying pan. As it cooks, it will release lots of its spicy oils. This is a good thing! When the sausage starts to get a little crispy on the outside, divide it up, along with the juices, on top of the salad bowls.
6. Drizzle over any more olive oil that you think might be needed, and finish off with a little salt, lots of pepper, and a tablespoon of balsamic syrup per serving.