Why did Charlotte Louise make this dish?
As a Christmas party snack when guests come in.
How to make Christmas Tree Twists
1. Lay one sheet of Puff Pastry flat on a worktop
2. Spread your Passata thinly over the Pastry
3. Sprinkle over the herbs and pine nuts, leaving some pine nuts for later
4. Put the other sheet of Puff Pastry on top of the other
5. Cut through both layers of pastry, making a Christmas Tree shape
6. Cut horizontal slits up to the middle of the tree
7. Twist the 'branches' of the Christmas Tree
8. Sprinkle the remaining Pine Nuts over the top
9. Bake in the oven until lightly browned, at gas mark 7.